• You need the right people, with the right approach
• We offer proven independent consultants working as one high quality team
• You want quality assurance – outcomes, not bodies
• We all share a passion for enabling real and sustainable change in the public sector
Consulting with a difference
Unlike typical freelancers and interims, we don’t want to make ourselves indispensable. Our goal is to make ourselves redundant – and leave you with the right foundations and capabilities to deliver and drive change from within in the long term. This is not empty talk, it’s a proven approach.
Whereas traditional consultancies have to pay a large, permanent consulting staff, we are a team of thirty independent consultants ‘on call’. We all know each other well and have worked closely together. We know we will deliver what you need, to our high standards, with strong quality and project management.
We are proud of our independence: we have no other services or products to sell, no hidden partners and no hidden costs.
Our skills transfer approach
We use a set of personal development approaches to embed learning in our skills transfer, much as we seek to embed learning in the programme. The key approaches set out below are designed to generate a learning mentality and encourage positive feedback:
The key to project success is to generate skills transfer between ourselves and your employees at all levels. In order to enable this, we introduce a set of ‘ways of working’ to the programme:
- Learn before, learn during, learn after – our skills transfer approach
- The ‘be brief debrief’ – a habit of informally feeding back to each other following meetings, workshops and other engagements to identify what went wrong, what could be better, and how individuals could work together even more effectively
- Success analysis (the ‘after action review’) – a lessons learnt approach to both projects and communications engagements to capture and learn more formally how to continually improve the lean approach
- Formal training sessions in the workplace including one-to-one coaching, action learning sets and email and telephone support
- Breaking the Shell - an engaging and unique approach to capture and overcome obstacles and barriers to progress while changing mindsets
Our experience is that these simple approaches can provide part of the foundations for culture change as well as paving the way for later changes to HR, pay and rewards to help embed the change.
We believe the key to delivering lasting and sustainable change is the emphasis we place on systematically sharing our knowledge and methodology with you. We will do this openly and with a genuine objective to raise the capacity of your own team to access, assimilate, and apply the specialist knowledge and skills that we will bring to the council. Skills transfer is delivered though a simple three step approach of learning – Before, During and After changes.
Who are we?
The founding partners are Dennis Vergne and Ben Taylor, who share over 25 years’ experience of senior programme delivery, change and business transformation in both the public and private sectors. Our independent consultants bring a variety of experiences and expertise to their assignments.
Get in touch
There is more than one way to work with a consulting organisation in the public sector. If you would like to learn more about the RedQuadrant way, just get in touch!