Libraries Transformation Programme course
20 July 2015
Whole systems change and customer-led service design
Two day course – 20th -21st July, RedQuadrant offices, London POSTPONED TILL AUTUMN 2015
In this continued period of budget cuts and national agenda for change, those leading public libraries increasingly need not only to understand but to deliver sustainable, transformational change.
This two day course provides a solid grounding in the theory and application of service transformation methodologies to public library service challenges in particular.
Our key framework – seven ways to save and improve – forms the basis of this course, as participants:
- Learn to frame the problems inherent in their organisation
- Gain deeper awareness of how others see change
- Learn new tactics and methods, and when is best to use them
- Become part of a simulated environment to put theory into practice [read more: Carrot City libraries – facing change]
- Identify potential difficulties with implementation, and classic traps to avoid
- Share lessons learnt in building a holistic understanding of change
We’ll explain the core principles of customer-led transformation and how to apply service design to improve services and reduce cost.
The course is aimed at those leading public library or culture services, or those with these services within their management portfolio, also at senior managers leading transformation within these services. It will leave you with a practical toolkit for avoiding slash and burn; you’ll learn and practice some core techniques for understanding customers, demand, processes, people, and the challenges of change.
The usual fee for our two day service transformation courses is £500 + VAT but we are able to offer this tailored public libraries programme at an Early Bird discount of just £425 + VAT – contact us by 12th June 2015 to secure your place at this price: email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can book your place on Eventbrite