Learning and development
How can you increase your in-house capability and capacity to scope, plan and deliver transformational change? Our philosophy is to work alongside our clients to support and help them to drive their own change. We can help you to develop your internal capacity via:
- skills transfer;
- coaching and mentoring; and
- masterclasses and events.
- Service Transformation Programme - The programme covers all essential aspects of change management and business transformation, based on customer insight and a systems thinking / lean approach, and designed specifically for local government. The whole course takes eight days, but can be tailored to suit needs and audiences
- Lean and systems thinking introduction – two days: this stand-alone course is highly experiential and is based on a simulated case study in Housing Benefits
- Identifying savings in a service (and getting to business case) – one or two days: This course introduces a model for identifying where to make savings and what is needed to build a business case to make the necessary transformation. The longer version includes a case study, building a business case and presenting it to senior stakeholders
Workshops and masterclasses
- The Power+Systems transformational leadership organisational workshop – one or two days
- Advocacy & influencing workshop – one day
- Productive reasoning – one day
To help internal change managers get started with a project, we can offer a short period of intensive support to help define the project and map out what stages and skills are needed, and then maintain a mentoring relationship thereafter to provide review and guidance as and when.
Many managers are unaware of their roles and responsibilities as sponsors and drivers of change, and underestimate their impact. Our expert coaches and mentors can work with managers to scope out what is needed in their role and to support the acquisition of new skills and tools.
Internal change agents and practitioners can also benefit from external support from expert coaches, which can be offered on an ad-hoc or regular basis.
We are consultants and transformation practitioners who work on the coalface of service transformation. Our people are experienced trainers, with strong foundations in project delivery. Our theory and methodology is underpinned by our own experience, reflected in:
- practical, work-related examples;
- business simulation – we simulate a real situation with real problems and challenges; and
- practical tools.
Our business simulation training has been developed to ensure that it duplicates real-life problems and environments, specifically for local government, to the highest possible degree. This provides participants with a highly effective and practical form of learning. Experiential and problem-oriented training is extremely effective and is used by the best training institutes.
For more information, or to have a conversation on how we can help you to build your internal capacity, please contact:
07881 780 383